Our goals at Southeastern Trail Runs:
1) Provide Outstanding Trail Races for local trail runners, runners from around the Southeast and across the US.
2) Introduce "road runners" to trail running. Once the “roadies” try the trails they will understand why we love the trails.
3) Support the local trail running community in every way possible with our time and resources.
4) Give back to the Parks and Community. Southeastern Trail Runs donates time and money to several charities including providing three 100% charity races. We also donate hundreds of hours each year to maintaining and improving trails at parks around the Birmingham area.
We believe the more time people spend in the woods whether hiking or running the more they appreciate the beauty of our parks and the harder they will work to protect and preserve our natural spaces. We are so lucky to have so many miles of beautiful trails right here in the Birmingham area.
2016 Southeastern Trail Runs Events
Register for the Lake Martin 100
Our Amazing Sponsored and Supported:
We are thrilled to announce a new sponsor for 2016, Tailwind Nutrition. Complete calories, electrolytes, and hydration: Ditch the gels, chews, and pills, and go all day with just Tailwind.
July 16th, Oak Mountain State Park
We are thrilled to announce some BIG CHANGES for 2016 and 2017. Tranquility Lake 50K is now the Blood Rock 50 Mile and 50K. The 50K course will be a single loop and the 50 Mile may be a single loop. Then, in 2017, STR will present the BLOOD ROCK 100 Mile Endurance Run at Oak Mountain State Park.* Registration for the Blood Rock 50 opens June 1st.
Manufactured right here in Irondale, AL
The Coffee Candies are Awesome!
Birmingham's Awesome Ultra Trail Club
This is one tough race. September 23, 24 & 25, 2016
Friday Stage - Ruffner Mountain Park
Saturday Stage - Red Mountain Park
Sunday Stage - Oak Mountain State Park
For 2016 we have joined forces with the other stage racers in the area to form the Southeast Stage Race Series
A series of 7 races designed to help you build your mileage and endurance so that, before the end of the year, you will be able to successfully complete an ultra. You can enter races individually or sign up for all 7 races and receive as substantial discount. Offer ends April 7, 2016
The Lake Martin 100 is the perfect "Step Up" from Marathons and 50K to your first 50 or 100 miles race. You do not need a qualifier to run any of the LM events.
May 7, Oak Mountain State Park
7:00 AM Start at the Cedar Pavilion
Southeastern Trail Series and Mountain High Outfitters are proud to partner with Resolute Running, Alabama's premier training center for runners of all ages and ability levels. Join the Resolute Running training program and receive a significant discount on the training program and your entry into the 2016 Trail Series plus other special benefits. Follow the link above to see the full details.
Again in 2016 Mountain High Outfitters and Southeastern Trail Runs will join with The FARM, located in Chelsea, Alabama. The FARM provides cutting edge chiropractic care, injury rehabilitation and sports performance, to keep you in the game, while getting you out of pain.
2016 Trophy Series Races are:
The Lake Martin 100, 50 & 27
Run for Kids Challenge - 12 Hour, 50K & 10K
Hotter 'N Hell Trial Race - 9 & 18 Miles
* The Blood Rock 100 Mile is subject to approval by Oak Mtn State Park when we file the event application. The application cannot be filed until one year prior to the actual even.
All Southeastern Trail Runs Events are Presented by